Discipline Committee Decisions
You can now see more than 600 full discipline decisions involving College members over the last 15 years. In January 2012, the College posted the information – which was previously available publicly via our library – on our website to improve public access.
The College also continues to provide public access to disciplinary decisions in other ways:
- Copies of Discipline Committee decisions are available in the College’s Margaret Wilson Library. Members of the public can also request electronic versions of the decisions.
- The College provides full decisions to Quicklaw, one of several professional Canadian legal research services available to service subscribers.
- Summaries of Discipline Committee decisions appear in the College’s official publication Professionally Speaking, as well as on the College’s web site.
- The College’s public register, Find a Teacher, also plays a very important role in communicating the decisions of our Discipline Committee.
Reviewing Our Practices
The College has a critical responsibility to protect the public interest and the safety of Ontario students.
That’s why the College regularly asks independent experts to review key aspects of the College’s practices to ensure that we continue to serve the public interest effectively.
Our commitment to ongoing review and continuing improvement led us, in August 2011, to commission the Honourable Patrick J. LeSage, former Chief Justice of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, to review our investigation and disciplinary procedures and outcomes and our dispute resolution program.
The College has asked him to complete his review by May 31, 2012.
Our review of registration practices initiated in 2007 ensures that our procedures, information and guidelines are clear and transparent.
To learn more on the College’s commitment to fair registration practices, see the full report (PDF).
Find a Teacher
You can view a register of all members of the College that includes their qualifications, credentials and a notation of every revocation, cancellation and suspension of a certificate of qualification.
Like us on Facebook
Visit the College’s Facebook page and you’ll be able to:
- participate in polls
- learn about visiting delegations
- read the latest College news
- learn of College job openings
- get the scoop on events, awards and contests
- and more
Sign up to receive our public e-newsletter and learn more about:
- Teacher qualifications
- High standards in education
- College reports on trends in education
- Education legislation
The College’s past annual reports are available on our web site.