- To regulate the profession of teaching and to govern its members.
- To develop, establish and maintain qualifications for membership in the College.
- To accredit professional teacher education programs offered by postsecondary educational institutions.
- To accredit ongoing education programs for teachers offered by postsecondary educational institutions and other bodies.
- To issue, renew, amend, suspend, cancel, revoke and reinstate certificates of qualification and registration.
- To provide for the ongoing education of members of the College.
- To establish and enforce professional and ethical standards applicable to members of the College.
- To receive and investigate complaints against members of the College and to deal with discipline and fitness to practise issues.
- To develop, provide and accredit educational programs leading to certificates of qualification additional to the certificate required for membership, including but not limited to certificates of qualification as a supervisory officer, and to issue, renew, amend, suspend, cancel, revoke and reinstate such additional certificates.
- To communicate with the public on behalf of the members of the College.
- To perform such additional functions as are prescribed by the regulations.
Back to Top